A registered educational charity, the Alliance represents 14,000 member settings and supports them to deliver care and learning to over 800,000 families every year.
- We offer information and advice.
- We produce specialist publications.
- We run acclaimed training and accreditation schemes.
- We campaign to influence early years policy and practice.
The Alliance’s vision is a society where every child enjoys the same opportunity to learn through play. We believe families should be at the centre of policy-making and we work hard to empower parents to become more involved with their child's learning and development.
Our mission is to help children succeed and create childcare that families need by building learning communities.
In a constantly changing and challenging environment, many childcare providers and parents can find it difficult to give children the best start in life. We believe that everyone deserves to be listened to and that their voice matters.That is why we are commited to giving you a real voice.
We actively involve parents in decisions about their child’s learning and work across communities and government to encourage them to better understand early years and family services across the country.
How we achieve this
We work with Alliance members, families, partners and practitioners to:
- Champion childhood and children’s right to play
- Advocate for children, families and all childcare providers
- Put the family first to enhance children’s life chances
- Promote and support each child’s learning to offer them best possible start in life
- Encourage voluntary community involvement in early years provision
- Deliver high quality childcare services for families
- Encourage safeguard-led practice
- Raise standards and quality of childcare
- Ensure families have choice and information to make the right decision about the childcare they need
- Provide high quality training support and advice.
Not an Alliance member?
Read more about Alliance membership benefits
Contact us with any questions