The Alliance Outstanding Member Awards 2018
NOTE: The deadline for entries the Alliance Outstanding Member Awards 2018 has now passed. Please do not send in any entries as they will not be considered. Many thanks to everyone who submitted a nomination. We look forward to announcing the winners at the Alliance annual conference on 1 June, 2018.
The Alliance is thrilled to announce the shortlisted nominees who have all been invited to join us at the Alliance Annual Conference on the 1st of June for the awards ceremony, where the winners of each category will be announced.
The Shortlisted nominess for 2018 are as follows:
The very first year of our Outstanding Member Awards saw such a wealth of incredible entries, the judging panel felt it necessary to award Special Commendations to a small number of nominees, in recognition of their outstanding practice and dedication. The Special Commendations 2018 are as follows:
We know you and your colleagues in the early years sector show extraordinary commitment every day.
In such challenging times, it becomes even more important we celebrate and recognise the enormous contribution made by our sector in supporting the development of our children.
That's why we are delighted to announce our new annual awards:
The Alliance Outstanding Member Awards 2018.
We want to acknowledge the enormous contribution made by everyone involved — volunteers and Alliance members.
This is your chance to highlight and share what they think makes an Alliance member or volunteer so special to the young children and families they support.
Please take this opportunity to help us to recognise an outstanding individual or team whose enthusiasm, expertise and commitment has made a real difference to the learning and care of young children in your community.
There are four awards categories:
- Outstanding Early Years Individual of the Year
- Outstanding Early Years Team of the Year
- Outstanding Newcomer of the Year
- Lifetime Achievement Award 2018
Who can I nominate?
- Any individual early years volunteer, practitioner or team of practitioners who hold a current Alliance membership or are part of, or volunteer for, a member setting and who manage or work in a childcare service.
- If you're an Alliance member or volunteer, you can nominate others, your own team or yourself.
- Families are encouraged to become involved in the process and can provide positive testimonials or personal feedback to support the nomination.
- Any childcare service is eligible and can be defined as types of early years provision on domestic or non-domestic premises, including pre-schools, nurseries, children’s centres, crèches, childminders, and baby and toddler groups.
- Individual or teams nominated for the Outstanding Early Years Individual of the Year or Outstanding Early Years Team of the Year should have a minimum of one year's experience working in the sector.
- Our Outstanding Newcomer of the Year category, recognises practitioners who recently joined the sector, perhaps someone who is newly qualified or taking up an apprentice role. These individuals require a minimum of six months’ involvement in an Alliance member's early years environment.
- The Lifetime Achievement Award category recognises special early years individuals with extraordinary contributions to children and their families. These nominees, Alliance volunteers or members, should be (have been) involved with the sector for a minimum of 10 years.
Please note: Alliance staff and volunteers are not eligible to be nominated, although staff may nominate an Alliance member setting.
It's easy to nominate, simply complete the online form below and submit by Friday, 23 March 2018.
Or you can print off the form, fill it out and post it to: Information Service team, Pre-school Learning Alliance, 50 Featherstone Street, London, EC1Y 8RT.
Nominations should be received by Friday, 23 March 2018.
If you have further questions, please contact our friendly Information Services team on email@example.com or 020 7697 2595.