The Alliance Outstanding Member Awards 2018
We know you and your colleagues across the early years sector show extraordinary commitment and hard work every day.
In such challenging times, it becomes even more important we celebrate and formally recognise the enormous contribution made by our sector in supporting the development and learning of our very youngest.
That's why we are delighted to announce our new annual awards:
The Alliance Outstanding Member Awards 2018.
Last year's Alliance Volunteers Awards (pictured above) celebrated the positive involvement made by Alliance volunteers to our work.
This year's new awards opens up the awards even further. We want to acknowledge the enormous contribution made by everyone involved — volunteers and Alliance members.
This is your chance to highlight and share what they think makes an Alliance member or volunteer so special to the young children and families they support.
Our new early years ‘Outstanding’ categories will encourage us to:
- Share innovative, inclusive and best practice
- Inspire others to learn from and further improve their practice
- Celebrate the contribution made by early years individuals and teams
- Contribute towards raising the quality, care and learning of very young children
- Highlight the important role parents play in their children’s learning and development.
Please take this opportunity to help us to recognise an outstanding individual or team whose enthusiasm, expertise and commitment has made a real difference to the learning and care of young children in your community. Anyone with direct experience and/or understanding of a particular Alliance member individual or team's (volunteer or paid staff) contribution is eligible to nominate.
There are four awards categories:
- Outstanding Early Years Individual of the Year
- Outstanding Early Years Team of the Year
- Outstanding Newcomer of the Year
- Lifetime Achievement Award 2018
Who can I nominate?
- Any individual early years volunteer, practitioner or team of practitioners who hold a current Alliance membership or are part of, or volunteer for, a member setting and who manage, support or work in a childcare service
- If you're an Alliance member or volunteer, you can nominate others, your own team or yourself.
- Families are encouraged to become involved in the process and can provide positive testimonials or personal feedback to support the nomination.
- Any childcare service is eligible and can be defined as types of early years provision on domestic or non-domestic premises, including pre-schools, nurseries, children’s centres, crèches, childminders, and baby and toddler groups.
- Individual or teams nominated for the Outstanding Early Years Individual of the Year or Outstanding Early Years Team of the Year should have a minimum of one year's experience working in the sector.
- Our Outstanding Newcomer of the Year category, recognises practitioners who recently joined the sector, perhaps someone who is newly qualified or taking up an apprentice role. These individuals require a minimum of six months’ involvement in an Alliance member's early years environment.
- The Lifetime Achievement Award category recognises special early years individuals with extraordinary contributions to children and their families. These nominees, Alliance volunteers or members, should be (have been) involved with the sector for a minimum of 10 years.
Please note: Alliance staff and volunteers are not eligible to be nominated, although staff may nominate an Alliance member setting.
It's easy to nominate, simply complete the online form below and submit by Friday, 9 March 2018.
Or you can print off your completed form and submit by post to: Information Service team, Pre-school Learning Alliance, 50 Featherstone Street, London, EC1Y 8RT.
Please note: To give your nominee the best chance of being shortlisted please support your nomination closely against the criteria above and supply additional information such as photos, feedback or quotes. These can be added as attachments to the online form or as hard copies included in your postal nomination.
Nominations should be received by Friday, 9 March 2018.
If you have further questions, please contact our friendly Information Services team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7697 2595.