Available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, Law-Call, provides Alliance early years settings, childminders and baby and toddler group members with telephone access to free specialist legal advice.
The service is provided in a confidential, sympathetic and jargon-free manner, on areas of law associated with the successful running of your childcare service such as:
- Employment and HR issues, including guidance on how to handle disciplinary matters, termination of an employee’s contract, sickness absence within the workplace, statutory rights and employers obligations
- Health and safety matters
- Property related advice on licences or lease agreements
- Contractual disputes with suppliers
- Debts and debt recovery
- Tax and VAT issues relating to the setting
- Data Protection, including the new GDPR effective as of May 2018. (Read more about this on our General Data Protection Regulation information page.)
- Charity law.
Legal issues are often resolved immediately following telephone advice from the Law-Call service. If this is not possible due to the nature or complexity of the case, the lawyer speaking with you can advise on the best way forward.
Already an Alliance member? Log in to your members' area to find direct contact details for Law-Call.